Respecting your privacy and the law
The privacy of your personal information has always been important to us at SMC. We are committed to respecting your right to privacy and protecting your personal information against unauthorized disclosure. Our staff is trained to respect your privacy in accordance with our standards, policies and procedures.
Collecting your personal information
SMC may collect personal information from you to provide product or services. SMC may also require you to fill up a form or seek some other relevant information from you. If you are acquiring or have acquired a product or service from SMC, it will collect and hold your personal information for the purposes of:
- providing you with the relevant product or service (including assessing your application and identifying you
- managing and administering the product or service
- protecting against fraud where it is a product or service.
SMC may also collect your personal information for the purpose of letting you know about products or services from SMC that might better serve your needs or promotions or other opportunities in which you may be interested.
The information collected may include your name, postal or email address, date of birth, financial details, PAN number or other information SMC is required by law to collect or it otherwise considers necessary.
We will, if it is reasonable or practicable to do so, collect your latest personal information from you by requesting your regular updates. This may happen when you fill out a product or service application or an administrative form (e.g., a change of address form) or when you give us personal information over the telephone or counter, or through our website.
Using and disclosing your personal information
In line with modern business practices and to meet your specific needs, we may disclose your personal information to the real estate developers/ brokers/service providers etc. described below:
- involved in providing, managing or administering your product or service.
- Group organizations/Subsidiaries who wish to tell you about their products or services that might better serve your needs or promotions or other opportunities, and their related service providers
- involved in maintaining, reviewing and developing our business systems, procedures and infrastructure including testing or upgrading our computer systems
- involved in a corporate re-organization
- involved in a transfer of all or part of the assets or business of a Group organization
- involved in product planning and development
- which are your representatives including your legal advisers and bankers
- in compliance of or as required or authorized by law or regulations, for example, to government or regulatory bodies for purposes related to public health or safety, prevention or detection of unlawful or suspicious activities or to protect public revenue.
Keeping your personal information accurate and up-to-date
Our aim is to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. This is the legal requirement and also so that we can provide you better service. If you believe your personal information is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us for updating/correction. We solicit your co-operation in updating your correct information.
Protecting your personal information
We store information in different ways, including in paper and electronic form. The security of your personal information is important to us and we take reasonable steps to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Some of the ways we do this are:
- document storage security policies
- security measures for systems access
- allowing access to personal information only where the individual seeking access has satisfied our identification requirements
- access to staff on need to know basis and under confidentiality obligation
- access control for our buildings
Your Privacy on the Internet
We take care to ensure that the personal information you provide on our websites is protected. For example, our websites have electronic security systems in place, including the use of firewalls and data encryption. User identifiers, passwords or other access codes may also be used to control access to your personal information.
Third-Party Advertisement Servers
You are always welcome to speak directly to our staff at contact numbers.
You can email your concern on email@example.com